Sunnyside Baptist Church began in the home of Rev. George M. Branham in 1922. Some members of the First Baptist Church became interested in the work, and with the aid of Rev. W.A. Ayres, Associational Missionary, established the Sunnyside Baptist Mission. The First Baptist Church purchased the lots on Estelle and Morris and erected a frame building to house the Mission.
The origins and development of baptist thought and practice.